I am encountering some weird behavior as I try something that I have never
done before.
I have a printer file that I have removed all spacea(n) from. I added a
delimiter in between each of the desired fields.
example.
A          R HEADR1
A                                     2'PgmName'
A                                    27'~'
A            $HNAM     R             28REFFLD(FLDA File1)
A                                    71'~'
A                                    72DATE
A                                      EDTCDE(Y)
A                                    82'~'
A            $TIME          6  0     83EDTWRD('  :  :  ')
A                                    93'~'
A          R HEADR2
A*
A            $USER         10A        2

I then take that and added it to my RPG in the form of

FPrintFile   O    E             SPECIAL PgmName('SpclFile')
F                                     PList(OutParms)

and added
C     OutParms      PList
C                   Parm                    FileName

it dies at a function called @Time that calls program @TIMEADJ

D*@TIME           PR             6  0
D* @CO                           3    CONST
P @TIME           B
D @TIME           PI             6  0
D  @CO                           3    CONST
D  @CO#           S              3
D  @ReturnTime    S              6  0
 *
C                   EVAL      @CO# = @CO
C                   CALL      '@TIMEADJ'
C                   PARM                    @CO#
C                   PARM                    @Returntime
C                   RETURN    @ReturnTime
C                   EVAL      *INLR = *ON
P@TIME            E

@TIMEADJ's Parm List

D  @CO            S              3
D  @tIME          S              6  0
C     *ENTRY        PLIST
C                   PARM                    @CO
C                   PARM                    @TIME

at the call to @TIMEADJ I get this very interesting error.
'Scalar operand contains a value that is not valid'
In debug, I put a stop at the first line of @TimeAdj and the error happens
before it hits that stop.

what is mind boggling is the fact that when I replace the SPECIAL
PGMNAME('SpclFile') with PRINTER OFLIND(*IN70)
everything works great.   Has anyone dealt with this before?  What am I
doing wrong? I know this methodology works great when the file is internally
described.
Please Help. Please forgive.... most of this code is over 15 years old. Most
of it makes me shiver. I was given the task of making it work for porting
all reports in the shortest time possible.

Thanks Again,

Bryan Merrell

"If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber."
Albert Einstein