Hi,
      My statement looks OK, but I am getting SQL Code 501, Cursor not
open. I went through the list of things that could be wrong, but none seem
to apply. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

0154.00 C                   EVAL      SelSmt =
0155.00 C                             'SELECT * FROM JTD WHERE JDJBT#
= :JOBNO '
0156.00 C                   EVAL      SqlSmt =
0157.00 C                             SelSmt + 'ORDER BY ' + L1Fld + ',' +
L2Fld
0158.00 C                              + ',' + L3Fld + ',' + 'JDPROD'

In debug, this give me SELECT * FROM JTD WHERE JDJBT# = :JOBNO ORDER BY
JDPSYS,JDBPRT,JDSSYM,JDPROD

0160.00 C******************************
0161.00 C/EXEC SQL
0162.00 C+ PREPARE STMT FROM :SQLSMT
0163.00 C/END-EXEC
0164.00 C******************************
0165.00 C/EXEC SQL
0166.00 C+ DECLARE A CURSOR FOR STMT
0167.00 C/END-EXEC
0168.00 C******************************
0169.00 C/EXEC SQL
0170.00 C+    OPEN A
0171.00 C/END-EXEC
0172.00 C******************************
0173.00 C*
0174.00 C                   EVAL      MorJTD = 'YES'
0175.00 C*
0176.00 C                   DOU       MorJTD = 'NO '
0177.00 C*
0178.00 C/EXEC SQL
0179.00 C+ FETCH NEXT FROM A INTO :JTDRec
0180.00 C/END-EXEC
0183.00 C                   IF        SQLCOD <> 0
0184.00 C                   EVAL      MorJTD = 'NO '
0185.00 C                   ELSE

I also tried the fetch without the next from and got the same error. After
I set on LR, I am closing A.

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
Paperwork is like kudzu. Both need to be pruned regularly. Usually, a
flamethrower is overkill.      Usually.