From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:15 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Cc: <Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: IBM needs more than cool tattoos, say users

Frankly, I'm not going through all the button clicking to sign up again just
so that I can reply to Search's article...

BUT, here's my reply.  :

ONCE AGAIN, unless and until IBM puts OS/400 marketing on the same par as we
saw with the linux add in the superbowl, unless and until IBM put OS/400
marketing on the same par as you see for all the Thinkpads, xSeries/Intel
boxes, Unix/AIX boxes.....it won't be taken seriousely because it once
again, won't reach the target market that it needs to...that being primarily
those that DO NOT USE THE OS/400 TODAY.

All this choir preaching does not advance the systems outside of the box of
current user base.

Face it, this is all just to give folks something to rah-rah about that
ALREADY HAVE THE BOX....

I think Malcolm is doing a heckuva good job with what he's allowed to do.
Too bad he's not evidently given the same playing field and resources as the
unix, windoze and most lately, linux, systems....  That in itself doesn't
give me any warm fuzzies of confidence.

Pity, isnt' it, that the 2nd highest recognized brand that IBM has
(AS/400) is being hidden so well by IBM?

What was that writing I saw on the wall....mene mene tekel...?  :)

And, yes, I intentionally said OS/400, and not AS/400 or iSeries....

Don in DC