List,

I am currently developing an application that generates stream files in
various folders in the IFS.

To create the file I'm using the open() access API.

This API takes the following parameters:

int path

int oflag

int mode

int conversion ID (optional)

int text file creation conversion ID (optional)

Now, the problem I have is that I don't know what values to set the various
components of oflag.

For example, depending on whether I use O_CCSID or O_CODEPAGE, the value I
pass in conversion ID will either be interpreted as a CCSID value or a
codepage value. This API is a c function so the values will be included in a
header file somewhere, I just don't know what values they should be.

I understand which values to include when I use this API, form reading the
API documentation. I simply need to define the values in my procedure
interface in my D-specs. Does anybody know what the values should be? The
list is found below:

One of the following values must be specified in oflag:

O_RDONLY

O_WRONLY

O_RDWR

One or more of the following also can be specified in oflag:

O_APPEND

O_CREAT

O_EXCL

O_LARGEFILE

O_TRUNC

O_TEXTDATA

O_CCSID

O_CODEPAGE

O_TEXT_CREAT

O_INHERITMODE

O_NONBLOCK

O_SYNC

O_DSYNC

O_RSYNC

O_SHARE_RDONLY

O_SHARE_WRONLY

O_SHARE_RDWR

O_SHARE_NONE

All other bits in oflag must be cleared (not set).

Cheers

Larry Ducie