The problem resides in the fonts, not in the overlays.
If the font is NOT fixed pitch, any character have his own
metric (eg. an "i" use less space than a "w" and a space
even lesser).
If you use DDS type printer files there is no way to format
numbers using that type of fonts. The only way I know to do
this is with AFP Toolbox.

HTH
Marco