My recollection is somewhat vague, but there were two basic variations
within all this, being Sum-of-the-digits and Sum-of-the-products.  The
difference is whether you add in calc figure of 12 as 12 or 3.  I forget
which uses what.

Furthermore, in Mod10 I used (Sum-of-the-digits) there are cases where a
transposition error CAN calculate the same check-digit.  (I forget the case,
mebbe 1 outta 100??)  If you keep a FILE of valid numbers, these
keying-combos can be eliminated, thus improving the error ratio.