Sorry I have a procedure with both B & E lines
  I was just wanting to know how to change compile time array from E spec
and **TABNAM with entries at the bottom of the program to RPGIV/ILE   with
D spec for the E spec and ? for **TABNAM  and the entries at the bottom of
the program
Sorry for the confusion

             Chris_Bougher@Moh
             awkind.com
             rpg400-l-bounces@         RPG programming on the AS400 /
             midrange.com              iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             02/06/2004 02:25                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: Array ? going from RPG to ILE

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

This line may be your problem

P$FirstCap        E

I didn't see the associated

P$FirstCap        B

which begins a procedure

Chris Bougher

                      jfortwen@xxxxxxxxx

                      ate.in.us                 To:       RPG programming
on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      rpg400-l-bounces@m        Subject:  Array ? going
from RPG to ILE
                      idrange.com

                      02/06/2004 02:05

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      RPG programming on

                      the AS400 /

                      iSeries

__________________

__________________

0051.00  **
                    I'm having a senior moment and am new to ILE
the first example is in my ILE program and I get an error on the TABNBR
entries at the bottom of the program  *RNF0258 30      6 Form-Type entry is
not valid for subprocedures, or is out of
                    sequence.
 I was wondering if I need to do something in D specs instead of items at
the bottom of the program to get the same effect
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

jfortwen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0052.00 D TABNBR          S              2  0 DIM(12) CTDATA PERRCD(2)
ASCEND      MTH #S & NAMES
0053.00 D TABNAM          S              9    DIM(12) ALT(TABNBR)
0054.00  *****************************************************************
0055.00  ***     0558.68 c                   return    Wrk#Text
040
0558.69  ***
040
0558.70 P$FirstCap        E
040
0559.00
040
0560.00  ***
040
0561.00  *** END OF SOURCE--- TABLE ENTRIES FOLLOW
040
0562.00  ***
040
0563.00
040
0564.00  ** TABNBR
040
0565.00   01January  02February
040
0566.00   03March    04April
040
0567.00   05May      06June
040
0568.00   07July     08August
040
0569.00   09September10October
040
0570.00   11November 12December
040
        ****************** End of data
Below is the old RPG code that works fine in the old pgm
0050.00      E                    TABNBR  2  12  2 0ATABNAM  9   MTH #S &
NAMES
0051.00
0052.00       ***
0452.00       ************************************************************
0453.00       ***
0454.00       *** END OF SOURCE--- TABLE ENTRIES FOLLOW
0455.00       ***
0457.00 ** TABNBR
0458.00 01January  02February
0459.00 03March    04April