Uh, typo? Did you mean "like(qusRobjdDs.RecVarLen)" instead of "like(qusobjdDs.RecVarLen)"? (Just a wild guess.)

Cheers! Hans

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
If I have a prototype set up
      /Define QUSROBJD
      * Retrieve Object Description
     D QUSROBJD        PR                  EXTPGM('QUSROBJD')
     D  RecVar                             OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)
     D                                     like(qusrobjdDs.RecVar)
     D  RecVarLen                          CONST
     D                                     like(qusobjdDs.RecVarLen)
     D  FormatName                         CONST
     D                                     like(qusobjdDs.FormatName)
     D  Object_Lib                         CONST
     D                                     like(qusobjdDs.Object_Lib)
     D  ObjectType                         CONST
     D                                     like(qusobjdDs.ObjectType)
     D  ErrorCode                          LIKE(ERRC0100)

D qusrobjdDs ds qualified
D RecVar 3000a
D RecVarLen 10i 0
D FormatName 8a
D Object_Lib 20a
D ObjectType 10a
/If not defined(ERRC0100)
/Include ROUTINES/QAPISRC,ERRC0100
/EndIf

And I call it using: callp qusrobjd(objd0100 : %len(objd0100) : 'OBJD0100' : 'ZMFSTUFF *LIBL' : '*FILE' : ERRC0100);

Why would this die, pointing to the %len?

Rob Berendt