Here's a procedure that I created to check for all numeric characters.

H NOMAIN EXPROPTS(*RESDECPOS)

 *
 *   Function:     Verify a character string is all numeric.
 *
D NUMERIC         PR              N
D                               30A   Options(*VARSIZE) CONST
D                                5U 0 CONST

P NUMERIC         B                   Export

D                 PI              N
D stringIn                      30A   Options(*VARSIZE) CONST
D len                            5U 0 CONST

D b               C                   'x          '
D n               C                   ' 0123456789'
D number          S               N
D stringOut       S             30A

 *   MAINLINE
C                   Clear                   StringOut
C     n:b           Xlate     stringIn      StringOut
C                   Eval      number = (%subst(StringOut:1:len) = *Blanks)

C                   Return    number

P     NUMERIC     E

and this is how I use it:

 /Free
   If numeric(field_to_test:%len(field_to_test));
     Do what needs to be done;
   EndIf;
 /End-Free

p.s.
  I wrote it before /Free was available, and haven't changed it since, hence
the columnar layout.