Sorry about the delay,  we were talking to IBM to do an MSD
We are at v5r2 and have not had any problem until this past friday.
Right now we have only found two programs affected they both use the same
logical file that was recreated on Friday.
We are apparently a couple of cum tapes behind.
There is nothing from the Joblog or the QSYSOPR messages Just High CPU
utilization and an inability to Kill the job.., and it is only Compiles at
this point...

J. Scott Carter
Programmer/Analyst
e-mail: Mailto:scarter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 214.583.0348

"When I die, I want to die like my grandmother who died peacefully  in her
sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

    - Author Unknown

|         |           rob@xxxxxxxxx     |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           rpg400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com       |
|         |           12/15/2003 10:07  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           RPG programming on|
|         |           the AS400 /       |
|         |           iSeries           |

<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                               |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: RPG Compile - Weird Error

All programs?
VRM?
Anything from the joblog?

Like your signature.  After a tiring weekend I pulled over and did some
jumping jacks last night after doing the 5 hour Sunday night drop the
daughter off drive.  I noticed after that I had an escort of 2 sheriff's
cars.  Evidently someone with a cell phone called me in as a drunk driver.
 Got tired of the escort, so I stopped a few blocks from home (who wants
the whole neighborhood watching?).  Then they finally turned on their
lights and explained the situation (but no ticket).  Now I am getting the
"Hey Rob, we heard on our scanner that you were pulled over for drunk
driving" at work.

Rob Berendt
--
"All creatures will make merry... under pain of death."
-Ming the Merciless (Flash Gordon)

SCarter@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/15/2003 10:48 AM
Please respond to

cc

Fax to

Subject
RPG Compile - Weird Error

We have a couple of programs we are trying to compile that are causing
weird errors.
Here is the scenario. we submit a source to compile the compile listing
gets pretty much to the bottom, the CPU percentage jumps up for this one
Job into the 90
we ultimately try to end the job but it will not end.

1.  The error happens in either a batch or interactive compile.
2.  The compile never finishes.
3.  This just started on Friday and no one here admits to changing the
system in any way.

Snippet of compile listing
  Msg id  Sv Number Message text
 *RNF3530 00      1 Data structure has no valid subfields.
 *RNF7031 00    340 The name or indicator is not referenced.
 *RNF7066 00      3 Record-Format name of Externally-Described file is not
used.
 *RNF7150 00      1 The record format contains null-capable fields.
 *RNF8042 00      1 Not enough source records provided to load array or
table.
        * * * * *   E N D   O F   M E S S A G E   S U M M A R Y   * * * *
*
  5722WDS V5R2M0  020719 RN        IBM ILE RPG             DEVRSR/APR207
                             F i n a l   S u m m a r y
   Message Totals:
     Information  (00) . . . . . . . :      346
     Warning      (10) . . . . . . . :        0
     Error        (20) . . . . . . . :        0
     Severe Error (30+)  . . . . . . :        0
     ---------------------------------  -------
     Total . . . . . . . . . . . . . :      346
   Source Totals:

wrksyssts snippet

 % CPU used . . . . . . . :       99.9    Auxiliary storage:
 % DB capability  . . . . :         .0      System ASP . . . . . . :
78.41 G
 Elapsed time . . . . . . :   00:00:01      % system ASP used  . . :
45.2519
 Jobs in system . . . . . :       4540      Total  . . . . . . . . :
78.41 G
 % perm addresses . . . . :       .009      Current unprotect used :
1201 M
 % temp addresses . . . . :       .027      Maximum unprotect  . . :
1208 M