If I was really programming an endless loop, I wouldn't be doing my job was
I?
Every loop you program is basically an endless loop, regardless how you
program the DO-statement. If you don't meet the condition that tells it to
end, it runs on forever.

I prefer this method (I'd rather have just a 'Do' instead of 'Do *Hival',
but Hans didn't give as this option), because I like to leave my do-loop
right after I meet a condition that makes me leave the loop (like EOF). I
think that is the most obvious place to do this. To me it is not obvious to
set an indicator and later test this indicator to see whether I should leave
the loop. You never know what happens to this indicator between the moment
it is set and the moment it is tested.

I can't see how anyone can object against using Leave and Iter. With goto's
you can (you don't don't have to) program spaghetti-code. Not with Leave or
Iter!!

BTW. I used to use dow 1=1, but that raised more eyebrows than Do *Hival.
Everybody I know immediately understood the meaning of it.

Wilbert

I was afraid I might be starting a holy war ;)