I haven't worked with Zebra bar code printers but I have done a number of
bar code labels on Intermec in the past.  Basically, you treat it just like
text on a regular printed report.  It's just that in this case the lines of
text are the printer commands.  There's no special configuration.  In my
case the printer was set up as a remote writer with no special
configuration.

                      ravikiran.lobo@ve

                      rizon.com                To:
rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP@CTB
                                               cc:

                      11/18/2003 10:34         Subject:  Configurations for
using ZPL instructions in printer
                      AM                        files??

                      Please respond to

                      CN=RPG

                      programming on

                      the

                      AS400/O=iSeries

                      <rpg400-l@midrang

                      e.com>

Hi

I need some help in including  the ZPL language in an AS400 printer file.
We are planning to use a Zebra printer for printing bar codes.  However
when i compile my printer file which contains the ZPL language it does not
compile. Do we have any specific properties which need to be changed when
compiling the printer file?

We have already created an outque for the printer with the following
properties.
                 Work with Output Queue Description

Queue:   ZBR1_PRINT     Library:   QUSRSYS

Remote printer queue . . . . . . . . . :   portLF1
 Queue for writer messages  . . . . . . :   QSYSOPR
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     *LIBL
 Connection type  . . . . . . . . . . . :   *IP
 Internet address . . . . . . . . . . . :   204.61.84.109
 Destination type . . . . . . . . . . . :   *OTHER
 Host print transform . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
Manufacturer type and model  . . . . . :   *WSCSTCONT132
Workstation customizing object . . . . :   QWPDEFAULT
  Library  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :     QSYS
Image configuration  . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Destination options  . . . . . . . . . :   XAUTOQ XAIX

Please let me know.
Awaiting your reply

thanks.