From: Hans Boldt [mailto:boldt@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 7:35 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Files left open even though they were closed?

Brad Stone wrote:
> Ok, either I'm having a brain fart or something isn't
> working the way it should.  Or it is working how it should,
> but it's not what I expected... :)
>
> I have a CGI program that runs.  It dynamically sets the
> library list depending on whether it's running in
> production or test mode (ie different libraries for prod
> and test environments).
>
> In the CGI program I call an RPG program that does the
> actual file processing (writing, updating, etc...).  These
> programs DO set on LR, and have the files used defined in
> F-Specs normally (not with USROPN).  Files are not set to
> SHARE(*YES), and there are no overrides prior to calling
> the program.
>
> So, I call PGMA, it opens CUSTMSTPF in PRODLIB (since
> PRODLIB is in my library list).  Does it's thing, sets on
> LR, end exits.
>
> Now, if I set the library list so TESTLIB is in the library
> list instead of PRODLIB, I call PGMA again from the CGI
> program (same job) and it opens the file in PRODLIB.  If I
> view open files for the job, it shows the file open, and in
> PRODLIB.  Like it didn't close the data path when the
> previous program ended.

Let's see if I understand this: A CGI request invokes a program that
sets up the library list, which then calls RPG program PGMA which
processes the file, right? Smells like a library list issue to me
somehow. Perhaps the curlib is set to the PRODLIB? Or perhaps PRODLIB is
in the system libl?

Cheers! Hans

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.