Having read a IBM RPG Intro book in Spanish (way back when),
translated in Spain, if they had their druthers they'd
probably call it SUMA instead of ADD, CADENA instead of
CHAIN, and EXTNOMBRE(XXX) instead of EXTNAME(). <g>

But they understand RPG real good. In Latin America, at
least informally, instead of the "digito binario" and
"octeto" of Spain's IBM, they call it good old "bit" and
"byte". In fact you tell 'em "octeto" and they look at you
funny and laugh hilariously when it hits them. (This
happened to me).

How about SQL? Do they use SQL? Select fld1, fld2, fld3,...

We have had a lot of added H-spec keywords. Maybe I'll
suggest it too. Let the Europeans keep their colons, it's
too late now anyhow<g>. Besides, who's to say? But they got
their DATMFT(*MDY), and their decimal separator, so how
about equal time for the Yanks (su-thu-nuhs too) and putting
in a "PARMSEP(*COMMA)"?

Just having fun, Hans. Thanks for sharing the story again,
first time I heard it.

- Alan