> I've also looked back through the archives but can't find my original
> post or the replies.  Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, just so you don't have to feel like a "maroon" next time, here's
a way to find it:

   1) You know that the message was either posted in Sept or Aug.
   2) Go to http://archive.midrange.com, then click RPG400-L
   3) On the left, click "Sept 2003" and then "Author Index"
   4) Hit Ctrl-F to do a "FIND" on this page.  Type "Newman".
   5) The message doesn't pop up here, so now I go to the left
        and click "Aug 2003".
   6) Same process... click "Author Index" and search for
        "Newman".
   7) This time a find a message entitled "Little rusty - suggestions?"
        that's what I'm looking for, so I click on it.
   8) Now, I can click "Thread Index" at the top to list the
        other messages in this thread.

Hope that helps :)