Hi:

I am having problems running a RPGILE program which calls my Java program.
It runs perfectly when the Java program resides in my personal IFS folder,
but bombs when moved to any other folder.

I have set-up an personal IFS folder '/home/pkrzyz' (my login id) and in
this folder I have my Java Class file and related jar files.

I have set the CLASSPATH environment variable to read:
'
:/home/PKRZYZ/OraCon.class:/QIBM/Proddata/Java400/oracle/classes12.zip:/home/PKRZYZ/jt400.jar'

Everything is fine and runs properly until I put it into production.

When I moved the Java program to the production folder  '/home/ABAIDS' and
changed the ClassPath variable to point to this folder, my RPG Program
bombed because it could not find the OraCon initialization method.  I
tried to recompile the Java program in the production folder but this
didn't help.

I tried setting the CLASSPATH option within CRTJVAPGM to '*envvar'
(defaults to *none) but this did not help.

Another user wanting to use the Java program tried to run it from my
personal home directory.  The person had properly set-up the classpath
variable.  This did not work even after I gave that user full rights to my
personal folder.

That user was only able to successfully run the RPG program, once we
created a  personal directory for that user under '/home'  and using their
loginid as the folder name. We then copied the Java programs to their
newly created folder and changed the environment variable to point to
their personal folder under home.

The problem with this solution is that if I make changes to the Java
program, I have to copy it to everyone's personal folder (not the
solution).

What is going on here with the classpath.  It seems to be ignored if it is
not set to your personal (loginid) folder.