Does anyone have a routine that does anything similar to the example below?
I had a routine
but it ended up being very HUGE and convoluted.

SETLL on FILE
DOU %EOF(FILE)
READ FILE
*record being read has 1 field that is 72 character positions long
*need to populate a 65 position subfile field and continue the remaining
character positions onto the beginning of the next record being read.
ENDDO

Data in the File being read in looks like this:

&DATE

&NAME
&ADDR1
&ADDR2
&CSZ

RE:  Claimant Claim No.        :   &CCLAIM
         Averitt Claim No.         :   &ACLAIM

         Averitt Freight Bill/PRO #:   &APRO

         Amount Filed              :   &AMOUNT

SUBJECT:  CARGO CLAIM SALVAGE PICK UP

Dear Customer:
In order to conclude our handling of the above claim, the salvaged
goods must be released to Averitt Express.  The salvaged goods are:

&VERBIAGE

Please prepare the goods for transportation, marking out all old
shipping markings/notations so that they are no longer visible.  Please
affix the enclosed green Salvage Label(s) to each carton and/or item.

After the salvage is ready for our pick up, please call 1-800-AVERITT,
choosing Option 1/Customer Service and arrangements will be made to
have this salvage picked up.  When our driver arrives, please give him/
her the enclosed Bill of Lading; our driver will sign this, stick it
with an Averitt PRO sticker, and give you a copy of the Bill of Lading.