I had a RPG program being called from a CL all interactive.

The RPG blew up trying to write dup record and returned to CL.

The next lines in CL after RPG call were

 STRCMTCTL  LCKLVL(*ALL)

 CHGVAR     VAR(&PRATE) VALUE(&DFRATE)
 CALL       PGM(SO100R) PARM(&DFDIV &PRATE 'XXX')  <<< Blew up

 ENDCMTCTL                                         <<< Did not do ?

 CLOF       OPNID(F4201)                           <<< Did
 DLTOVR     FILE(*ALL)                             <<< Did

 RUNQRY     QRY(RTLORDERS)                         <<< Did

 ENDPGM                                                <<<   Did

The ENDCMTCTL had to be run from command line. Why did it not execute in
CL program.
Would someone out in list land have explanation I'm definitely not a
Commitment Control expert.

Thanks
Bill Hopkins