Barbara and/or list,

You stated:
>Your character field with a number in it is sort of a data structure
>with one zoned subfield.  If you define it that way, dealing with the
>numeric part is easy.
>
>D CHAR1        DS           qualified
>D   numval            5s 0
>
>          CHAR1.numval = CHAR1.numval + NUM1

Which I understand, but have never had a chance to use. Could you give an
example of how I could applied that to this?
Tried to:

D FXQS(Z)      DS           qualified
D   WQTYN             15S 0

But it did not like array for DS. Am I just tired from working till A.M.
last night?Or am I just missing something?

Here is what I have:

 * FXQS01 = 60A    needs to be left adjusted
 *
D               E DS                  EXTNAME(FXFCAST) Inz
D @FXQS           S               *   Inz(%addr(FXQS01))
D FXQS            S                   like(FXQS01) based(@FXQS)
D                                      dim(48)

 * SSQS01 = 15S 0
 *
D               E DS                  EXTNAME(F4229L99) Inz
D @SSQS           S               *   Inz(%addr(SSQS01))
D SSQS            S                   like(SSQS01) based(@SSQS)
D                                     Dim(12)
 *
D                 DS
D  WQTY                   1     15A
D  WQTYN                  1     15S 0
 *
D  Z              S              5U 0
D  X              S              5U 0

Later in Code

C                   Select
 *
C                   When      SSCTRY    = CC and
C                             SSFY      = YY
C                   Eval      Z         = 1
 *
C                   When      SSCTRY    = CC and
C                             SSFY      = YY + 1
C                   Eval      Z         = 13
 *
C                   When      SSCTRY    = CC and
C                             SSFY      = YY + 2
C                   Eval      Z         = 25
 *
C                   When      SSCTRY    = CC and
C                             SSFY      = YY + 3
C                   Eval      Z         = 37
 *
C                   Endsl
 *
 *
C                   Eval      X = 1
 *
C                   DoW       X <= 12
 *
C                   Clear                   WQTY
C                   EvalR     WQTY = %trimr(FXQS(Z))
C     ' ':'0'       Xlate     WQTY          WQTY
C                   Eval      WQTYN = WQTYN + SSQS(X)
C                   Eval      FXQS(Z) = %trim(%editc(WQTYN:'3'))
C                   Eval      X = X + 1
C                   Eval      Z = Z + 1
 *
C                   EndDo
 *

Any thoughts, comments, or "knocks on the head" welcomed.:)

Thanks
Bill Hopkins