> From: Denzil D'souza
>
>       Is there a way to kill an entire call sequence at one go?
>       For example:
>       ------------
>       I have a Program A, calling B which, further calls another
program C
>       Now, lets say a fatal error occurs in Pgm C, on Error (Within
the
> *PSSR) is it possible to terminate B and A along with
>       C in an elegant manner?

The answer is - it depends <grin>.

Do you know which program is at the top?  If so, you can send an escape
message directly to that program, which will in effect terminate the
entire stack.

SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(&MSGID) MSGF(&MSGF) MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) +
             TOPGMQ(*PRV (&PGM)) MSGTYPE(*ESCAPE)

This sends an escape message to the program that calls &PGM (which could
be a menu or the command line).  So, if you call A from the command
line, if program C encounters an error, it can send it back to A's
caller by specifying &PGM as "A", and the error will be returned to the
workstation.

The hard part sometimes is determining which program is the highest
level, especially if A is sometimes the top and B is sometimes the top.

Joe