Thanks Jim I'm try to avoid having to check the field Z for it's field
name value. So thought a record with field name can be added to file thus
be added to EVAL. I think Hans hit it on the head. I should use SQLRPGLE.

Next question I have if I fetch loop into

 D DS_XYZFile    E DS                  EXTNAME(XYZFILE)

Will the Z field of the Data Stucture have the "CUST" field name value and
if so can I use it  to
do an EVAL OUTFILE = OUTFILE + %TRIM(Z) + X'05' + etc. within loop to build
OUTFILE without

IF  Z='CUST'
 EVAL OUTFILE = OUTFILE + %TRIM(CUST) + X'05' + etc.
ENDIF

Thanks for the "Example links" Buck on SQL but not where I can go look
with any speed at present. But will explore tonight.

Thanks
Bill H

"Jim Franz" <jfranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/31/2003 12:55 PM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries