Kludge alert!

All I can think of is to use CHECK(ER) on the preceeding field. This sets on
auto-record-advance.
Use RTNCSRLOC(*RECNAME to pass back the record name and field name that the
cursor is currently located.
RPG logic:
Do
Exfmt  Display1
If CursFormat = 'DISPLAY1' and CursFieldN = 'WANTAPOPUP'
<Execute window pop-up>
Iter
Endif
Enddo

I really hate suggesting this because it's a horrible solution, but I think
this is as close as you get with DDS.  It only works if you advance through
the prior display field (or cursor progression) with certain field advance
keys.  With these limitations, it's not suitable for much at all.....

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863