> When you dspobjd *outfile rpg gives you the src file src lib src mbr
> used to create the object.
>
> Rpgle objects have nothing in these fields.

There's no such thing as an "RPGLE" object.  ILE *PGM objects are made
from one or more *MODULE objects, not from source files.   Each module
can (potentially) be compiled from a completely different source file,
or even a completely different language/compiler.

The QBNLPGMI API can be used to list the modules that made up a program,
and their source lib/file/members.

The QBNLSPGM API can be used to do the same thing for service programs.

For details on these APIs, go to:
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/infocenter

After selecting your region, language & release level, you'll get a screen
where you will want to select (on the left) Programming/APIs/API Finder
then just type the name of the API into the "Search By Name" box.

If you don't know the name of the API you want, instead select "APIs by
category" on the left-hand side.   Then, you can pick a category that
relates to what you're working on, and see what's available.  In this
case, you'd be looking for an API related to Programs, so you'd pick the
"Program and CL Command" category, and then you'd find the QBNLPGMI and
QBNLSPGM APIs listed.

> The info is somewhere because you can display it interactively using the
> dsppgm command. You have to press enter a couple of times then use
> option 5
> And you see the info. When you are checking several thousand programs
> this is not an option.
>
> * on suggestion was to use the api qusrmbrd .

No, I think QUSRMBRD was intended to tell you when the source was last
changed, not which source files to look at.   The problem was, you said
you were looking for "source info", which could be interpreted many ways.
Apparently one poster thought you were looking for information about a
given source file.