Also, some cut/copy and past is available if you are using Client Access
(should I really be saying Iseries by now?  I hate that they changed the
name, but that is another topic all together).

 -----Original Message-----
From:   rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Joel Fritz
Sent:   Monday, June 02, 2003 6:53 PM
To:     'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject:        RE: SEU vs. ?

For me one of the biggest things is having the manuals available from the
help menu.  That includes DDS and CL if you're editing those source types.

If you aren't using free form syntax, in RPG the tab key moves you from
field to field.  The procedure skeleton generator is pretty cool too.  There
are a lot of little things like better text searching and automated block
matching--what if goes with what endif--that are a big help.  If you use SEU
mode, all the SEU stuff is available too.

Code Designer makes print files easy and is even an improvement on SDA.
Then there's having access to the debugger from within the editor.  You can
use the project organizer or PDM to open groups of source members
simultaneously.

I don't know if it doubles my productivity, but I know I go faster.  My boss
used to favor Text Management 38 over pc word processors, but once he got
used to them he was hooked.