From: todd.sabella@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:todd.sabella@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2003 3:28 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx; rpgiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RPGIV: RE: IGNDECERR info

Hope this helps.....
Todd

IBM Support Line Technical Document
Document Title:
Determining if an RPG OPM Program Was Compiled Using IGNDECERR

Document Description:

When RPG programs are created with the CRTRPGPGM command, you can specify
*YES o
r *NO for the 'IGNORE DECIMAL DATA ERROR'
(IGNDECERR) OPTION. Currently there is no system command that shows what
value w
as specified for the IGNDECERR option.

The following is a method to determine if an RPG program was created with
the IG
NDECERR(*YES) option. Display program variable
ZIGNDECD in the DEBUG mode. If its a '1', then DECIMAL DATA ERRORS are
IGNORED.

This can be done by using the following CL COMMANDS:

STRDBG PGM(PGMNAME) UPDPROD(*NO)
ADDBKP STMT('/1') PGMVAR(ZIGNDECD)
CALL PGMNAME

Parameters are not required for the CALL. After the variable is displayed,
exit
the program by pressing F3.

Do not attempt to continue running the RPG program.