This looks like a case-sensitivity issue.   The variable names in RPG
are all converted to uppercase before the EXPORT is done.   So, if you
have:

    D gDOM_XPathSeparator...
    D                 S              1A   EXPORT

It will actually export GDOM_XPATHSEPARATOR

likewise, if you have:

    D gDOM_XPathSeparator...
    D                 S              1A   Import

it will actually import GDOM_XPATHSEPERATOR

However, in order to import from case-sensitive languages like C, there
has to be a way to import lowercase symbols.  That's what the
Import('foo') directive is for.   So, if you have:

    D XPathSeparator...
    D                 S              1A   Import('gDOM_XPathSeparator')

It's going to fail, because you're exporting 'GDOM_XPATHSEPARATOR',
whereas you're importing 'gDom_XPathSeparator', which aren't the same
thing.

Try making your definition look like this:

    D XPathSeparator...
    D                 S              1A   Import('GDOM_XPATHSEPARATOR')

And see if that works...