Dan wrote:

>what are we getting into when we start running
>things that are not in the default AG.
-snip-
>If it is possible, I would like to understand AG's
>in a "strict" context of how we are going to
>encounter them.

Having tried the verbose approach and the terse approach, I can say that I
should have listened to those wiser than myself and either shut up, written
a book or used private email.  I regret the confusion I have caused.

You've encountered the verbose archives and FAQ, which apparently aren't
that helpful.  No surprise there I guess.  The terse approach "reclaim
that!" was intended to point you in the direction of problems trying to
destroy (reclaim) the default activation group (otherwise known as signing
off!)

It is most difficult to try to find out what you don't know.  The whole AG
question really revolves around your application design.  Overrides and
shared ODPs are about the only real ramifications for most people.  Rather
than bore the list with a theoretical discussion (is that cheering I hear?),
perhaps you could post the particulars of your application and let the
bright minds point out places to watch.  It'll be very interesting to see
what comes out of this practical exercise.

Post some pseudo-code of the current OPM flow, including overrides, shared
file opens (like OPNQRYF or SHARE(*YES)) and a brief sketch of a subroutine
you intend to convert to a subprocedure.  Noting which programs are CL and
which are RPG would be helpful too.
  --buck