>*aarrrghhhh***  "another 128 megs of RAM!!!  *gasping*
>
>A 512 meg chip is now under $50.  What company can
>afford to install a 128 chip?  It just isn't worth it
>anymore.

And if the motherboard won't handle more than that?

It isn't an easy thing to get a new machine JUST to run the follow-on for
Code, when Code runs great on the machine I have.  We won't be using any of
the webby things about WDSc.  No Java.  No WebFacing.  No HTML.  Just Code
and Designer.  Green screen stuff.  Eclipse is Way Over The Top for this
functionality.

> (I was under the understanding that Code/400 is
>build fron the lpex editor, and that what is
>happening now is that IBM is just needing a couple of
>releases to get congruence)

Code V5R1M0 (the old one) is based on Lpex.  The new editor in V4.0 and 5.0
is based on a Java version of Lpex if I understand it rightly.  The new
jLpex does not have the same level of function as the old Lpex/Code, so for
the interim, IBM are including Code as a backup posture for people who
aren't happy enough with jLpex yet.
  --buck