Scott:

Yes, someone who's actually used it successfully -- this is what I needed. I'm
_almost_ certain something is happening down under the covers because of the
odd things I'm seeing in dumps, but I had to verify that getsockopt() _really_
worked first. I'd never needed to use it before.

Your example validates my code, so I'll focus elsewhere. Rats.

Now... I'm calling the various iconv_xxxx() APIs and...

...nevermind.

Thanks much.

Tom Liotta

rpg400-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>   2. RE: Sockets getsockopt() example (Scott Klement)
>
>> Maybe I should ask if anyone's ever _used_ getsockopt() on an AS/400 to
>> retrieve error info as is described for write() and send() in the Unix
>> APIs guide? If anyone's been successful with it, then I'll expect my
>> logic is wrong. Otherwise I'll contact IBM. (Unfortunately, if there's a
>> bug, it means support is gone for pre-V5; and V5R1 is closing fast.)
>>

>Sorry I didn't reply earlier, you're a smart guy and I didn't want to
>make a fool of myself by replying without first being able to test my
>theory, for fear of looking like a fool. :)

(Sockets... "I am only an egg.")

>I wrote a sample program that connects to the web server I've got running
>on my iSeries.   It sends QUIT, gobbles up the server's reply, then starts
>writing data to get an EPIPE error.

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South