The biggest downfall about join logicals is that the key fields all have to be
in the primary join file.  I really thought that would have been a limitation
overcome at this point in time.

-----Original Message-----
From: WyvernGod@xxxxxxx [mailto:WyvernGod@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 7:52 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: keys on 2 joined files?

well the joining of the files by policy number and client number to join all
three work fine but when i try and set up the keyts it gives me the error key
not on first joined file.. or somthing real close... im wondering if i maybe
switch my second join statment so that it will be first in that join but it
probably wont work.. this is what i have, mcco,mcempl, and mccntr are from
cascntrm and cmname is from cmsclntm
A*                                     JDFTVAL
A*                                     DYNSLT
A*
A          R LSEC132C2                 JFILE(CASCNTRM          -
A                                            CMSUSREL CMSCLNTM)
A*
A          J                           JOIN(CASCNTRM CMSUSREL)
A                                      JFLD(MCCO   CRCO  )
A                                      JFLD(MCCNTR CRCTL1)
A          J                           JOIN(CMSUSREL CMSCLNTM)
A                                      JFLD(CRCLTN CMCLTN)
A          K MCCO
A          K MCEMPL
A          K CMNAME
A          K MCCNTR
A          S MCCSTA                    COMP(EQ 'I')
A            MCEMPL                    COMP(NE '       ')
A          S MCCSTA                    COMP(EQ 'P')
A            MCEMPL                    COMP(NE '       ')
A          S MCCSTA                    COMP(EQ 'E')
A            MCEMPL                    COMP(NE '       ')
A          S MCCSTA                    COMP(EQ 'R')
A            MCEMPL                    COMP(NE '       ')

and its because of the cmname that is throwing the error, and yes my fields
are listed in the file.. just not here bacause there is about 50 or so
total..  but as one other noted i could extract the needed recored to temp db
but im afraid of the posable time to run that.. this has over 35,000
records..but only that amount is used when someone wants all of the employee
locations listed.. other wise its just one that at most would be 500
records...  Any one know the posable processing time on transfering 500
records would be in RPG? I would use a cl comand for that but i do know know
how to get specific info.. unless i use a query.. anyway.. its not a big
project.. just one of those anoying requests you get right in the middle of a
huge project you are already working on and for some reason it develops into
some great need by the "top brass" can any one tell im ranting now? sorry
sorry.. thanx for all your help.. have any sudjestions just drop me a line
hopefully i'll get this out of the way and if i do so i dont waist your time
i'll let you know...

Thanx,
Chris