This is a new program.  90% or more of the code was cloned from a production
program.  The two significant changes have been the use of free form and the
addition of the sleep C function.

Looking at the job log gives the following as the first sign of trouble.  It
then goes on to create a problem log.

MCH3601    Escape                  40   02/14/03  09:55:35.017224  QRN4MAIN
QRPGLE      *STMT    QRN4MAIN    QRPGLE
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
GRPFGCXS
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :