On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:22:10 +0530
"N, Muralidhar" <Muralidhar.N@blr.hpsglobal.com> wrote

I ve to read sequentially Header(flat file) file which doesnt have key
how can i read from first record onwards
is this what i wrote right?

 $Load_Hdr_Rec Begsr
               DOW       NOT %EOF(DAHDRT00)
 *Start      setll          DAHDRT00
               READ      DAHDRT00
               enddo

Murali -  I would recommend that you spend some time learning about debug
and how to use it. You could step through your program and watch it run to
determine if it is functioning as you desire.

Also, you may want to invest a little time thinking about ways that you
yourself can try to determine if your programs do, indeed, function as you
expect.

For example, could you put the above code into a small "test program" like
the one below, run it, and find out yourself if it worked? You would
probably resolve problems you have faster than posting to the list and
waiting for a reply. Also, there is the added advantage that following this
methodology never fails to teach you something that you have not learned
before. If nothing else, it sharpens your testing skills so you can produce
better quality programs.

0001.00              FDAHDRT00  if   e             disk
0002.00              FQprint    o    f  132        printer
0003.00
0004.00              C                   DOW       NOT %EOF(DAHDRT00)
0005.00              C     *Start      setll     DAHDRT00
0006.00              C                   READ      DAHDRT00
0007.00              C                   Except    #Detail
0008.00              C                   enddo
0009.00
0010.00              OQprint    e            #Detail
0011.00              O                         <field1>
0012.00              O                         <field2>         +   2
0013.00              O                         <field3>         +   2

Hope that helps!
Jeff