>However, I would say that there *is* a demand for AS/400 pros having VB
and/or Java skills (I realize that wasn't exactly what you were saying
Rick).

I think Java/VB is almost a must if your job title includes communicating
with other platforms.  RPG is a powerhouse if you are inside of the iSeries,
but the more you start to go out from it the more you will find yourself
writing interfaces to low-level API's and you would be better off choosing a
more 'commutative robust' language.

Aaron Bartell