Personal preference as to when to use them.

Often we use them when the loading process it not immediately dependent on
the receiving process being done.  But you can do it that way if you want.

One example:  We have two 3581 tape drives.  We have some HUGE Tivoli
objects.  So, we have a loader program that sorts, by descending size
order the objects within this library, and loads up a data queue with this
data.  Then it fires up two receiving jobs.  And when they are finished
saving an object they read the data queue for the next object to be saved.
 When they get the one *END record the one receiver job ends.  When the
next job processes, and there is nothing left on the data queue, then it
restarts Tivoli.

Another example:  We have several jobs that load a data queue with a list
of Lotus Enterprise Integrator, (or LEI), activities to run.  Then the
next job reads this data queue and processes them one at a time.  This
prevents us from starting conflicting LEI activities.

Another classic example is trigger processing.  Why slow down your file
updates by trying to do all of the trigger processing within the trigger
program (unless you are performing data validation.)?  Instead have the
trigger program load a data queue with data to process.  Then the
receiving program process the data queue entries in order.

Could you use them in your http application?  Sure.  Would it be a good
fit?  How can I tell without knowing what you want it to do.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

Justin Houchin <justin@reliatek.com>
Sent by: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com