I've got to agree with Booth.  What do you mean by "Make any record
active"?

I could start by explaining that some applications use a record code,
which is just an additional field, that is often the first field in the
file.  An 'A' in this field may mean it is active and you can create new
child file records using this parent file.  A 'D' in this field may mean
that this record is flagged to be deleted.  It will remain here until a
year end, (or period end) closing.  At which time all history in all child
files will be deleted and then the parent record will also be deleted.
Some applications may make this field two characters.  Which I believe
harkens back to the dark ages of RPG in which record identifying
indicators were used.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Booth Martin" <Booth@MartinVT.com>