From: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Date: Monday, October 14, 2002 03:46:18 AM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: LGL FILES was(subfile query)

Hi Murali,
I am probably just guessing but it seems to me that your
questions show that you dont understand how the AS400 database
'SORTS' data. Basically you dont understand what a LF is.

A 'maint(*immed)' LF is a sorted index on a PF that
the OS maintains dynamically.
You subfile question is not clear to me as to what you are
trying to do.
I can try to guess, but basically you need to load the subfile
in the correct order. There is no 'resorting' of a subfile
done by the system, if you need to resort the subfile you have
to code this yourself.

To access data from a PF efficiently you must have LF
or SQL INDEXES over the PF. OpenQueryFile will then try to use
the LF or INDEXES before it will create its own temporary indexes.

Hope that I am not too far off the mark, if so I apologise.

Frank Kolmann