"Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" wrote:

> Any comment on the qualified sub-procedures Barbara?

I can only give my own personal opinion:

I realize that coding mod1.MyProc is fundamentally different from the
do-it-yourself mod1_MyProc, but mod1_MyProc isn't that bad.  Qualified
subprocedures wouldn't necessarily solve all the name-collision problems
anyway, unless they were library/srvpgm/module qualified.  I really
don't see -that- happening any time soon, nor do I think anyone would
really want to code mylib.mysrvpgm.mymodule.MyProc when making calls.
(I just had a premonition that there would be requests for some way to
alias such a name to a simple MyProc :)

Anyway, me, I think there are missing features that are -much- more
important for RPG, since the do-it-yourself versions are awkward at
best:
- "unlimited" character/DS length (that is, no RPG limitations over
  whatever system limitations there are)
- multi-dim arrays
- varying-dimension array