From: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com]
On Behalf Of Jim Sneddon
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 1:09 PM
To: 'rpg400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: Dropping SQL stored procedure

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand
I need to change a SQL stored procedure but when I go to DROP PROCEDURE
it
says:

 Message . . . . :   Function WB04025 in ALLSTSRC not unique.

 Cause . . . . . :   Function WB04025 in ALLSTSRC was specified, not by

   signature or specific name, and more than one specific instance of
the

   function was found.

 Recovery  . . . :   Request the function either by it's specific name,
or
by
   the function signature (function name with parameter types). Try the
request
   again.

If I look in the SYSPROCS file (select * from sysprocs) it shows these 2
entries:

SPECIFIC_NAME    ROUTINE_NAME

WB04025                 WB04025
WB04000002            WB04025

what is the syntax for differentiating between the two?

in the DB2 for OS/400 SQL reference it mentions a dot notation
(WB04025.WB04025) but sql says that ',' is an invalid token.  I tried
slashes also to no avail.

I'm assuming that the WB0400002 is the one created when I ran the
program
that creates it before I remembered to drop the first one but now I
can't
get either one of them to drop.

I even resorted to firing up Operations Navigator (<insert groan of
disgust
here>) and tried deleting them from there but I get the same message.

So I'm stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim Sneddon
AS/400 Development Manager