Jeff Crosby wrote:

> I'm trying to prototype a procedure where the first parm is a DS that
> will be updated.
>
> The prototype looks like this:
>  * Price Zones DS
> D PrcZones        DS            45
> D  CLD                           5P 2 Dim(15)
>
> D ConvPctItm      PR
> D  pCLDALL                            LikeDS(PrcZones)
> D  PCECD                         1
> D  MRKET                         7  4
> D  CWTCD                         1
> D  NPRAL                         5  2
> D  PACKX                         5  0
> D  CASEL                         1
>
> The module compiles without syntax error - but dumps (during the
> compile) with a joblog and an entry into the problem log.  The first
> *ESCAPE message in the joblog is MCH3601 Pointer not set for location
> referenced.  There must be something I don't get about the LIKEDS.

Jeff, this is the same problem as in APAR SE06991.  Sorry, there's no
PTF yet.

  ERROR DESCRIPTION:
  When compiling an RPGLE program that defines a data structure
  like another data structure using the LIKEDS keyword and the
  other data structure contains a subfield that is an array,
  MSGMCH3601 is received.