I’m trying to print a barcode using an MT 661 printer.  I have pieces of the
customer’s manuals and I’m wondering if I’m missing the AS/400 printing
examples.  The bar code prints, although I don’t know if the imaging system
will scan it okay.

I have one major problem and one minor problem using this code:

     C                   eval      #barcode = '^PY^T004^M0515000^KF^BNA' +
     C                                        %trim(%char(fhpro)) +
     C                                        '^G^PN^'

(start transparency, indent 004 units, bar code 0.5” high and .15” per
character, double density, horizontal, no HRI, code 39, <data>, command
terminator, end transparency).  Field “#barcode” is 40A; FHPRO is numeric
and up to 11 digits.

Minor problem: a small “1” prints to the left of the bar code.

Major problem: the bar code (1/2” high, starting on line 1) pushes the rest
of the print down the page so that my line 2 printing (absolute: line 2,
column 55) starts on line 5, column 55.

They’re printing out the Unix program on green bar…what a way to end the
week 1200 miles from home…

Thanks,
Reeve