We've encountered funny things with cursor control in the past. (Sometimes
closed - Sometimes open) so we always use the constructs below.

C/EXEC SQL
C+ CLOSE HEADER
C/END-EXEC
C*
C* If cursor is already closed, don't worry (SQLCOD = -501)

C/EXEC SQL
C+ PREPARE Jrn_Select FROM :Dyn_Sel
C/END-EXEC
C*

C/EXEC SQL
C+ OPEN HEADER
C/END-EXEC
C*
C* If cursor is already open, close it and re-open it again
C                   If        SqlCod = -502
C/EXEC SQL
C+ CLOSE HEADER
C/END-EXEC
C/EXEC SQL
C+ OPEN HEADER
C/END-EXEC
C                   Endif

I know that this adds a little overhead, but we don't get bitten.

Gord Royle