> From: Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)
>
> version = %xlate('.':'':%char(EVER_ID));
>
> when I changed it to this it compiled fine with no 'internal errors'.
>
> version = %xlate('.':' ':%char(EVER_ID));
>
> Odd that they wouldn't catch that with the compiler.  Oh well, one for the
> archives I guess. . .

Occasionally errors slip through the cracks.  I remember for the longest
time that you could break the compiler by specifying a PARM after a KLIST.
Often I'd pass in fields in the *ENTRY PLIST, and use them to CHAIN to a
file.  I'd start with something like this:

*ENTRY    PLIST
          PARM        FIELD1
          PARM        FIELD2

And then I'd copy it to a KLIST, like so:

FILKEY    KLIST
          PARM        FIELD1
          PARM        FIELD2

I'd change the PLIST to a KLIST, but forget to change the PARM to a KFLD.
The compiler would gag and throw out these weird internal compiler error
messages that were pretty unhelpful.  Eventually, I realized that when I got
a particular error, it made sense to check my KLIST statements.

Joe