You defined PValidCat but you test for CopyPValidCat

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services techniques
Cascades Inc
819 363 5187

>>> Mike_Smith@RGCResources.com 04/25/02 03:40pm >>>
Its appearing that I am going to need to start using  /Define  in my
prototypes, but I can't get them to work correctly.

When I was trying to add a new subprocedure to a service program, I got
message about a field not defined.  This field was coming from a
Protype.

So I've tried adding compiler directives to eliminate the problem, but
I'm
floundering.

Here are my prototypes.

/If Not Defined( CopyingPrototypes )
 /Define PValidCat
 /Define PUsrSec
 /Define GIfPrint
 /Define GEmail
 /Define GTxtMsg
 /Endif

  /If Defined( CopyPValidCat )
 * __________________________________________________
 * pValidCat - validate the category against the category file(QACAT)
 * --------------------------------------------------
D pValidCat       PR             1A
D Incat                          3A   VALUE
 /Endif

/If Defined( PUserSec )
 * __________________________________________________
 * PUSRSEC   - verify user security to QA System
 * --------------------------------------------------
D PUSRSEC         PR             5    DIM(10)
D INUSER                        10
 /Endif

  /If Defined( GifPrint )
  * __________________________________________________
  * Gifprint  - determine if the edit should print
  * --------------------------------------------------
 D Gifprint        PR             1
 D INEDIT                        10
  /Endif

 /If Defined( GEmail )
 * __________________________________________________
 * GEmail    - Send Email if necessary
 * --------------------------------------------------
D Gemail          PR
D QAHSTDSP                            LIKE(QAHSTDS)
 /Endif

/If Defined( GTxtMsg)
 * __________________________________________________
 * Gtxtmsg   - retrieve text message for history file
D Gtxtmsg         PR            50
D INEDIT                        10
 /Endif

The procedure I'm trying to compile is  GIFPRINT .  I can see that it
has
excluded some of the prototypes, but not all.
I am getting message that QAHSTDSP (from GEMAIL) is not defined.

What am I doing wrong.