Trevor,
We just did something similar with a Lexmark T612
We bought an IPDS chip for the printer so we could connect it directly to
the AS/400 (ISeries).
With the IPDS chip you can then use AFP to create your documents.
With AFP you can choose different fonts print lines and Graphics to the
printer.

What we did was create a print file and compiled with a CRTPRTF
file(LIB/FILE) devtype(*AFPDS).
Below is a sample of the code in the print file. We got a little fancy with
ours and used a DB file to hold much
of the Static information with its location and the text to be printed.  If
you have any other questions you can
ask on the list or contact me privately...

                R CAPTION24
                  COL_TEXT     311A         POSITION(&TOPL &LEFT)
                                            FONT(05707 (*POINTSIZE 24)  )
                  TOPL           5S 3P
                  LEFT           5S 3P

                    "trevor_bowden"
                    <trevor_bowden@kb       To:     <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    e.com.au>               cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     Multiple large fonts
on Lexmark T622
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    04/10/2002 07:46
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

I have one program that needs to print
price tickets (6up per A4 Page) on my
Lexmark T622 Laser.

I want to print the top line of each Ticket in about 36 point
and the next 2 lines in 20 Point
and the 4th line in 36 Point.

As this is my only application that needs large fonts I don't want to
purchase a createform type product at AU$6000-

My programming experience is in RPGII on our old AS36.
The AS36 died last in 2001 and we are natavating the System 36 environment
to Native AS400 but I am still learning.

Currently I have written the program to read the item master file, output a
comma delimited file, then run MS Word 2000 with a mail merge macro. (very
messy)

Can anyone suggest a simple way to do it?