Joe,

 While it's a cute trick to have up your sleeve, it's not recommended to use in
production.
1)  If you are distributing your source to another machine you have to make
that this data area is identical to yours.  This might be similar to relying on
command change that you made via CHGCMDDFT on your system that may different on
someone else's.

2)  They may have another one that just happens to be higher in their library
list.

3)  Here's one that in my mind makes this feature almost useless.  If you
specify an H spec in your program (let's say to modify a totally different
option), the two versions will not be merged!!!  That means that the settings
that you have been relying on to be in place automatically will be ignored.

 -mark