Are you using any triggers or referential integrity?

When you run the debug and it works on record 123, which is consistently
skipped when you do not run debug, then how are you updating record 123
when you are not running debug?

A common mistake made when people first use triggers or referential
integrity and then hope that it works when they update the file using Excel
or something is that they assume that these utilities will use a library
list.  They often don't.  Most people test their trigger by signing into
their application and get their library list and environment all set and
they pressing a function key to get a command line.  From there they use
UPDDTA or some such thing.  I suppose that is a better test than just the
original maintenance application but it definitely doesn't cover the issue
of library list, etc.

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Andrew Goade"
                    <agoade@hubgroup.       To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    com>                    cc:
                    Sent by:                Fax to:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: RPG ILE Write
                    drange.com

                    03/18/2002 01:40
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Yes, the same records constantly get skipped.  There is relatively minimal
logic in the program.  It basically moves info from one data source to
another.

                    Evan Harris
                    <spanner@ihug.co.       To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    nz>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     RE: RPG ILE Write
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    03/18/2002 12:29
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Andrew

If you back out the changes and run it again do the same records get
skipped ?

This might give you a lead on whether its your program or some kind of
external effect that your program hasn't taken into account (environment
problem vs logic problem)

hth
Evan Harris