Simon,

In the OPTIONS(*NOPASS : *OMIT) case is there any reason you can't use the
%parms and %addr together?  At least that is how I do it, just curious
because in the first part of your message you mentioned %addr was easier to
use but you didn't use it here.  Want to make sure I'm not missing something
by doing the following:

 C              IF      ( %PARMS >= 2 ) and (%addr(TheParm) <> *NULL)
  ***  The parm can be used.
 C              ENDIF

Scott Mildenberger