The logicals are really just there for ordering, there's no select/omit
specs.

As far as the compiled embedded SQL running on all machines regardless of
whether or not the development lic.pgm. is installed, well I just learned
something.  Even if I wanted to go that route we don't have the developemnt
environment!!!  I think I'll cruise over to David Morris's sourceforge site
and see what I can see there.  Have to be careful though, I might exceed my
quota and learn two things in one day!

I have to admit a bias regarding SQL.  I think it's great for ad-hoc queries
but for a regular inquiry I think it takes too long to build the index every
time you want to inquire.   JMO.  I'll just have to try the LF method and
take a look at the iSeries toolkit for the SQL method and see what happens.

Tom

.
 .
  .