If you drop the ECL fields, the ECL file and the ECL part of the where -
leaving the KFP part, does the missing record show?  In summary, is your
selection omitting the record and not the join?

Can you get this to work in Query and then do a RTVQMQRY to see their
logic?

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

                    THarteau@felkerbr
                    others.com              To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                cc:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com              Subject:     RPG SQL Question

                    01/25/2002 04:20
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Hi,
     I have this SQL statement in my program:

C/EXEC SQL DECLARE A CURSOR FOR
C+  SELECT FPROD, FPBUYC, FQTY, FRDTE, FDATE, LORD, LLINE, LRDTE, LSDTE
C+  FROM KFPL01
C+  LEFT OUTER JOIN
C+    ECLL01 ON LPROD = FPROD
C+  WHERE FTYPE = 'F' AND FPBUYC IN ('G', 'F')
C+    AND FRDTE > LRDTE
C+  ORDER BY FPROD
C/END-EXEC

I want to print all records that meet the criteria from KFP, and the
associated ECL information. There is one KFP record that has no associated
ECL record.  This record is not printing.  Both KFPL01 & ECLL01 are logical
files that contain only active records. The missing ECL record is coded as
inactive, so is in the file, but shouldn't be found using the logical. I've
never used the outer join before, but from what I have read, I thought this
would work. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Terri Harteau
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
- Dr. Who