| Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 3:36 PM
| Subject: RE: Query/400 outfile as input into RPG

<snip>

|       OK - SQL Notes;
|       For EVERY language you use from NOW ON - there will be some form
| of SQL manipulating files.  Sorry - fact-o-life.  So - learn to do ASP's
| - BAM - ODBC connected to ACCESS - using ... SQL as the interface.  Java
| - BAM - use SQL to access the data.  Net.Data - BAM - SQL ... It'zall
| the same...

I've been wanting to learn SQL, just to know something about it.  So far, I
haven't had the jobs where I needed .asp, Access, Java or Net.Data...  So
that's why I've been slow to get around to it.

Plus, I just haven't found anything I needed to do, where I couldn't do it
in RPG (and CL & DDS).

Never tested Brad Stone's CGI and IBM's (Mel Rothman's & G.P.'s) EasyCGI/400
against real-world cases, so maybe they wouldn't suffice...  I dunno.

jt